Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spooky Banner, Eek Sign, and Ghost Coasters




Labor day gave me an extra day to craft so I got some time to start working on my Halloween decorations! My mom gave me awesome Halloween magazines (Better Homes and Gardens) so I have a ton of ideas for decorations so I'm starting early. I love Halloween! It will be hard to focus on my MBA knowing all the cute things I want to make. I made the banner to be similar to this banner I came across on the internet. I love her banners and those cute witch hats. I might have to try those.... Anyways I loved it so I copied it and if I do say so myself I think I did a good job ripping it off. And I love having a fireplace to put it on! It took forever to cut out, but once it was all cut out it came together quickly. I had to design the banner myself so now I have the templates to use for other banners (maybe I will copy her Thankful banner too). The Eek sign was more to use my left over scrapbook paper (main project to be seen later) than anything. I just bought a $1 frame at Walmart and cut out some letters and glued them in. Pretty simple, but it will look cute somewhere. Finally I saw cheap shelf liner for a $1 at Big Lots so I decided to make ghost coasters from it. The idea came from the magazine. Well stayed tuned for more Halloween decorations I have a lot more coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment