Sunday, September 13, 2009

Quiet Book Pages 5-8

I was able to knock out a few more pages. This quiet book is really improving my sewing. I was able to machine sew on the letters spelling Mail and the potatohead body perfectly! I think I will never hand sew anything again now that I can trace better with my machine.



These two pages are for the kids to play mail. I got the idea here. I'm going to add a notebook and a pen in the pockets so that the kids can write messages to each other and stick it in the mailbox. I could also make felt pieces of mail and felt stamps if I so chose later. We'll see....


The first page is for the kids to practice tying their shoes. I want this book to be a learning book as much as a fun book. The Mr/Mrs potato head was a blast to make. I cut out different hats, beards, glasses, shoes, noses, hair, eyes, etc. I used this website for the patterns. Above is featured the pirate potatohead, but their is a lot of potatoheads you can make with this. I think the kids will have a ton of fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment