Monday, August 3, 2009

Decorative Corkboards



So I was in Ikea the other day and I saw that they had cork boards for $2-$5 depending on the size. I decided that I was going to take these ugly cork boards and make them cute. I've been wanting to make a necklace holder for a long time now. I don't know if you're like me, but I forget to wear jewelry if I don't see it. This makes it easy to see, keeps my necklaces and bracelets untangled, and can fit easily in my closet. These would make cute bulletin boards for a kitchen or would make great teacher presents.

To make my corkboard. I just cut the fabric to the size of the corkboard and then used spray adhesive to glue it on. Don't worry if you are a little off because the ribbon around the edges help to cover up any mistakes on the sides. After you glue the middle you just cut and glue on the ribbon. I used wood glue to glue on the ribbon and hot glue for the bow. It literally took 10 minutes! Add some bigger sized push pins and you are good to go. Who needs to pay for those expensive necklace holders when you can make one for $5?


Here are some other cute ideas to transform a plain cork board into a cute piece of art for a child's room. I will definitely be doing this when I have kids. What can you do with an ugly cork board?







No comments:

Post a Comment