Friday, August 21, 2009

Chalkboard Plate and Decorative Letters


So this project was pretty simple. I just took a plate I found for $2 and transformed it into a chalkboard using Chalkboard Spray paint. My one complaint is that it dried a little chunky in places since the plate made it easier to gather paint in places. Maybe that is why I've seen these done on square plates? I still think it turned out cute though. Matt put it to good use and writes me love messages. Isn't he cute?



Matt's mom was in town so she helped me to transform these letters. I already had the letters and the paint. We ran to the store to find some cute scrapbook paper and mod pod to adhere it. I originally wanted to these letters to be red, but there is no cute red scrapbook paper and the black paper was adorable. Good thing my kitchen is red, white, and black! Anyways it was a pretty simple project and I love how the red shows on the sides. It matches well with the cute red clock I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment