Monday, July 25, 2011

Junebug Dress Sewalong


I decided to take a break from sewing skirts to join Craftiness is not Optional's Junebug Dress Sew Along. Mostly because everytime I do a sew along with her I learn a ton. Yay for free sewing lessons! She even provides a free pattern for this adorable dress. I was going to give it to one of my nieces, but I love it too much so I think I might just hoard it for when we have a girl. One less dress to make later right? I didn't hem it yet because I'll just wait till I have a model to get the right length.

The dress came together really quickly except when I reached the buttonholes. My Bernina has an automactic button hole foot that memorizes the length of a button holes after sewing one of them so that you get the same size button holes everytime. However it wasn't working consistently no matter what I did. After playing with it for over an hour I looked it up on the internet and realized this just happens if the foot is dusty. So note to self dust off your buttonhole foot before using it. After I dusted it it worked like a charm. I'm just glad there wasn"t something seriously wrong with my machine and it was an easy fix.

I love how the dress turned out especially the daisy buttons. Thanks Jessica for being my sewing teacher for the week.

4 comments:

  1. No problem! I adore the combo of red fabric and daisy buttons-it's perfect for a summer picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE...I really need to craft less...and SEW more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is darling! And I love all the skirts you've been making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous is Jill :)

    ReplyDelete